A few months ago, as we were planning our PD for the summer at Kean, I realized that I really wanted to provide an event at the SGEI this summer that was of no cost to educators. The theme that we chose for this edcamp is the Common Core Standards. Educators are encouraged to gather at this event to discuss the following topics:
- What are districts doing to implement the Common Core?
- What am I expected to know about the Common Core Standards for the grade level(s) and content area I teach to prepare my students for the 2014?
- What am I expected to know as a classroom teacher?
- Just how different are the Common Core from previous state standards?
- What kinds of professional development are available to assist with implementing the Common Core?
We are looking for educators that have been implementing the standards in the classrooms/schools/districts to join us that day and facilitate conversations at the roundtables. Please contact me directly if you are interested in helping make this event a success!