The following is a list of reading incentive programs for students. My daughters partcipated in these last summer and earned free books, prizes and even cash. Please share this list with other educators and parents and encourage children to continue reading over the summer break.
- Read 10 books—any ones you like!
- List the books on this form
- Bring your completed form to a Borders, Borders Express, or Waldenbooks store and choose your FREE BOOK
TD Bank – Summer Reading Program
Here’s what you need to do:
- Read 10 books this summer
- Write down the names of the books they’ve read in the Summer Reading Form
- Print and take the form to your nearest TD Bank to get $10
- $10 will be deposited into a new or existing Young Saver Account
Barnes and Noble Summer Reading – Imagination’s Destination
The Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program is here to help you on your way, encouraging you to read books of your own choosing and earn a FREE book, simply by following these three easy steps:
- Read any eight books this summer and record them in this Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Imagination’s Destination Journal. Be sure to let us know to whom you would recommend each book, and why.
- Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store between May 24th and September 6th, 2011.
- Choose your FREE reading adventure from the book list featured on the back of the journal.
BOOK IT – Summer Break Reading Challenge
This summer BOOK IT invites kids across the country to participate in the Summer Break Reading Challenge Sweepstakes. From June 15 – August 15, kids who were in grades k-6 during the 2010-2011 school year and who meet the challenge of reading five books, will be eligible for a chance to win a prize package.