I had the pleasure of presenting at Pinelands Regional School District earlier today. Some of the administrators there had heard me speak at the NJETI conference last spring and requested that I come to their district and speak with their teachers. The administration there is really looking to make a shift…
After the presentation, several of the teachers came up to thank me and to share with me their frustrations with filtering. This is something, I understand, the district is working to improve on.
Just to give you an idea of the tools we spoke about, here’s a sampling:
- The 2011 Horizon Report
- Using eReaders for new types of reading experiences
- Using mobiles for just-in-time access
- Using Facebook to ask trusted friends and family for information
- Using Twitter to ask colleagues for ideas and to bring in a current stream of information
- The availability of
- Ideas behind using tools such as
I know many of the educators who read this blog have dealt with these issues. One of my suggestions to the teachers was to list some of ways certain types of technology would improve teaching and learning in their classrooms.
What advice would you give to them?