My session, This is Not Your Grandmother’s Google, is described in the program as:
It’s time to go beyond Google.com. Discover Google’s Wonder Wheel, Similar Images, Insights for Search, Custom Search Engines, and Language Tools and learn how to find resources effectively and efficiently.
Many of the resources I will be sharing during our session:
- Google Squared – http://www.google.com/squared
- Wonder Wheel –
- For additional information: http://www.googlewonderwheel.com/google-wonder-wheel-step-by-step
- Google Alerts – http://www.google.com/alerts
- Google News Timeline – http://newstimeline.googlelabs.com/
- Similar Images – http://similar-images.googlelabs.com/
- Insights for Search – http://www.google.com/insights/search/#
- Google Scholar – http://scholar.google.com/
Of course it always depends on who attends, what questions are asked and what our needs are. We’ll be using the hashtag #NJECC tomorrow if you would like to follow the conference. I’m looking forward to seeing many familiar faces there and having the chance to make the acquaintance of some NJ educators that I have not yet had the chance to meet.