Come on. This is one you just have to apply for. Think about what you can do for your students with $2000. So many of you are working so hard and these funds could get you some of the hardware that would make your visions come to life.
The goal of this year’s NJAET is “to financially assist teachers to develop and implement creative educational technology projects that engage New Jersey’s students in effective learning with technology integration.”
Let’s look at some prices of equipment:
- The new Apple iPod nano 16GB MP3 player – it even shoots it’s own video and it’s only $180.
- The updated Flip Ultra Camcorder – 4 Gigs of hard drive space with up to 2 hrs of record time at $150.
- Acer Inspire 10.1 Netbook – 160 GB hard drive with a 6 cell battery and Windows XP at $329.
I’m thinking that $2000 will go pretty far in your classroom with prices like these.
NJAET is accepting applications in digital form (kudos to them) and one application will be awarded this grant in each of the following grade level categories: PK-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
For detailed information about this grant (for NJ educators only), view the flyer and consider e-mailing a link to it to your colleagues. Download grant guidelines at http://www.njaet.org/pdfs/mini-grant-guidelines.pdf and the application at http://www.njaet.org/docs/njaet-mini-grant.doc. (The application deadline is December 1. 2009.)
If you are not from New Jersey or you still need to explore other resources for funding, check out these other organizations:
- Youth Leaders for Literacy Grants
- Learning and Leadership Grants
- Toshiba America Foundation
- ING Unsung Heroes