Everyday Math Apps – FREE

April 14, 2011

For those of you who are interested, during the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Conference in Indianapolis, Indiana, Everyday Math is offering the EMGames Apps FREE in the iTunes store.   You can preview these apps at the STEM App site at https://www.mheonline.com/stem_apps/. If teachers, parents and students have an iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch they can download the EMGames Apps for FREE during NCTM April 13-16, 2011.

Here’s a list of the available apps:

• Addition Top-It™
  • Subtraction Top-It™
  • Beat the Computer™
  • Name that Number™
  • Equivalent Fractions™
  • Tric-Trac™
  • Monster Squeeze™
  • Baseball Multiplication 1–6™ Facts
  • Baseball Multiplication 1–12™ Facts
  • Divisibility Dash™

Remember, after April 16, these apps revert back to their original price of $1.99 each.

(Thanks goes to Molly Schroeder for bringing this to my attention.)

1. April 14, 2011 12:22 pm

Awesome! Can’t wait to share this with my instructional coach!

2. April 14, 2011 1:05 pm

Awesome! Glad it helped!!

3. April 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Hi Ms. Thumann,

It’s me again, Samantha from Dr. Strange’s EDM310 class at the University of South Alabama. I don’t have an ipod or an iphone, but I do have a smart phone that I’m able to download apps on. I wonder if those are available for download on my phone; I will have to look into it. I love how companies that come out with all of this fun technology (apple and the ipad/ipod touch, for example) are also making them educational! Through Dr. Strange’s class, I have seen numerous teachers incorporate this kind of technology into their classrooms. I wonder how many of them are using apps like the ones you shared above? I definitely want an ipad to try out things like this and see how they could be beneficial in my future classroom. Thank you for sharing!

4. ipad dad permalink
    June 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Here’s a free app.
    I hope it helped.

Math Kid Free (Addition)

5. Lisa permalink
    May 3, 2012 8:18 pm

When will the EDM be available for the Samsung Galaxys?

6. Bekah permalink
    October 24, 2012 8:03 am

They are free again right now… not sure for how long. Usually only a couple of days.

1. My Twitter Favorites 04/16/2011 « Interactive Inquiry