Seven Things You Don’t Need to Know about Me

December 27, 2008

Liz Davis tagged me in this meme. I figured that it would be a great topic of conversation as my husband and I prepared for the family to come for Christmas dinner. It was pretty entertaining to create the list as we peeled shrimp, sauteed various vegetables, and worked to keep the kitchen clean and the kids occupied.

Seven Things You Don’t Need to Know about Me

1. I was always envious that my cousin had a lavender room when we were kids. I fulfilled a childhood wish by selfishly painting my daughter’s room lavender.

chocolate

2. I actually dropped a math course in college because the professor lectured using his middle finger. (The professor was rumored to have been the inventor of AstroTurf, but I’ll admit that it wasn’t until I wrote this that I finally confirmed that false.)

3. My first career out of college was in book publishing.

4. My second career out of college was in financial services. But I moonlighted as a cannoli stuffer in my then boyfriend’s (now husband’s) pastry kitchen.

5. I met said husband at a photo copier. He was making copies. (Don’t you remember the Saturday Night Live skit with Rob Schneider?)

6. My husband accuses me of favoring Dirty Dancing as my movie of choice, but it’s really Clueless.

7. My parents had my brother and I convinced we were allergic to chocolate growing up. When I got to college, I became a chocoholic – and lived to tell about it.

Here are 7 more bloggers that may have 7 things to share:

AJ Kelton

Clif Mims

Kern Kelley

Erica Hartman

Angela Maiers

Lisa Durff

Cathy Nelson

1. December 27, 2008 1:19 pm

I have never met another “cannoli stuffer.” This is a fun list. Thanks for the tag.

2. December 27, 2008 1:56 pm

Clueless is good, but Dirty Dancing is way better!
    Thanks for participating and for sharing.
    -Liz

3. December 27, 2008 2:07 pm

WOW I love both of those movies. They make me feel young again. Okay I did mine. Be sure to check it out. (how embarrassing–I can’t believe I actually shared some of those things.)

4. December 27, 2008 2:33 pm

@Clif – Does this mean you’ve stuffed some cannoli’s in your day?
    @Liz – You bet – made for great convo with my hubby – so I should THANK YOU!!
    @Cathy – Great list – I left a comment on your blog. Loved #6 the most!

5. December 27, 2008 6:51 pm

What a fun meme. I enjoyed learning more about you. I have to admit I have decorated and bought many things for my girls that I secretly wanted too. :)

• December 27, 2008 8:04 pm

@Melanie – At least we can admit to it, right? :)
      Thanks for your comment!
      Lisa

6. hwjohnson permalink
    December 29, 2008 9:04 pm

You think you know someone….. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed learning more about you. I never would have pegged you for having “purple room” envy. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas dinner. We had a great time with family, but it is on to more packing, moving, and unpacking.

• December 31, 2008 10:42 am

Heather – I’d LOVE to see your list of seven as well.
      I hope all is well in DC.
      Lisa

7. January 3, 2009 11:45 pm

Lisa, I’m needin’ a bit more detail on the photocopier encounter … hahaha! Thanks .. I notice that your blog is lavender also, mmmmm that cousin’s room really stuck with you!

Thanks .. Frank

• January 4, 2009 4:04 pm

The funny thing is that my cousin’s daughter’s room is now lavender too.
      I guess it’s in our blood now.
      Thanks for the comment.
      Lisa

8. January 17, 2009 9:47 pm

No, I’ve never even heard of such a position. We don’t see a lot of cannoli down this way.

9. January 17, 2009 11:24 pm

Again, thanks for the tag. I finally posted my 7 things at http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/1662.

All the best,
    Clif

• January 18, 2009 10:23 am

….and the mysterious Clif Mims reveals just a little bit about himself…. :)

1. Cathy Nelson’s Professional Thoughts » Blog Archive » Seven Things You Don’t Need to Know about Me - A Meme
  2. 7 Things You Don’t Need to Know about Me | Clif's Notes